Thursday, May 19, 2011

Things are going well...

I was just about to title this "Back on Track" but I see I was already back. This is a good sign. It means that I am aware that I was in a slump recently, but that I have been feeling good for a while too. I swam a "two-a-day" this week, just like the high school swimmers. I had not tried that before. I swam my morning Masters workout (just over an hour) and then went to a "lap swim" session at an other pool for two hours that night. I felt very proud of myself. I set a goal and stuck to it. And then the next morning I got up and went swimming with my Masters group again. Very satisfying! And I was surprised at how well I felt. Not very sore, a bit sleepy at work, but good in general. The next afternoon I had Physical therapy and they are working wonders on my shoulders. I think if I can keep going to PT for the remainder of my training I will have it made. I know I need to strengthen the little muscles surrounding my shoulders, and stretch the big ones, but it is good to have someone (Crystal and Kris) work their magic on my muscles and tendons. It hurts like hell, but there is always ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment