Tuesday, May 3, 2011

4-15-11 On Track

I haven't been writing. I don't know why, but it's probably fear. I have been obsessing about how cold the Bay is and how ill prepared I am for it which is all counter productive. I know the water will warm up, and if need be I can go somewhere else to do my six hour qualifying swim. So problem solved, get on with it and train!
I met with Leslie Thomas, a swim coach, channel swimmer, and pilot. She was very encouraging about my training and very helpful in getting my long swims organized. I have been in touch with several people to get advice on fuel and nutrition. I think I have a very good handle on what I will use. My plan at present is to use Accelerade (carbohydrate: protein energy drink) Pertpetuem (a more caloric sustained energy drink equal to Maxim) and GU (for variety of flavor and caffeine). I can't really handle solid food in the water. Now I just need to get into a body of water that is 60 degrees and big enough for a six hour swim and a support boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment