Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bought Me a Ticket, Hopped on a Plane...

I bought my ticket to England today!!! I am so excited, but also feeling a bit sick to my stomach. This makes it real! Somehow I could have still backed out until now. I know I was fooling myself, but our minds can do crazy things to help us sleep at night. But now, I have my plane ticket, I have my boat pilot, I've paid my CSA association fees, and last but not least, I am swimming my six hour qualifying swim this weekend. I am blown away with how real this all is. I am going to swim the English Channel! Ten weeks from tomorrow!!! I'll never be ready. Oh right, I probably never will feel ready, but I will be ready. I have some good swims ahead, six hours in the Cove at Aquatic Park this Sunday, and then the Bay to Breakers the following weekend. Then school will be out for the summer and I can swim in the bay every day until I leave. This is so exciting, and a bit sobering. God, I hope I can do this. As people keep telling me, it's really just swimming from one feed to the next. If I figure out some good fuel, I should be looking forward to the next one, right? My heart is so full...

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, it's just a lovely, happy place to spend hours and hours reading!!


    watches for men

    ReplyDelete