Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tough Week

This has been a tough week. I don't know if it's because I am tired, or experiencing a normal let down after a big event, or that I am just over worked. But I don't like it. It is the end of the school year and the kids are draining me. My moonlighting soccer job had it's first big deadline which has meant less sleep and more time in front of the computer. And I did my six hour swim and am tired. But I hate feeling like this. I like the high of doing something hard and having my friends swim with me and rally around to support me. I don't like this isolated, blue feeling. It was so much fun to have Steffan visiting from Arkansas. And the club rallied in support of my six hour swim with people on the dock cheering and people swimming by my side. Lynn even brought champagne. And now it's back to the pool. I have two fun swims this weekend, but somehow they pale in comparison. I think I need some sleep and an attitude adjustment. I only have nine weeks left until I leave. I need to redouble my efforts and get training. One six hour swim does not a channel swimmer make.
I plan to take tomorrow off from work, sleep in, be nice to my dog, take her for a walk, go to a movie, and do some much needed chores including getting stuff for my feeds for Sunday's Bay to Breakers swim. I just need to get my life back in order. A little control will feel good. A little sleep will feel even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment