Monday, June 27, 2011

Checking out the Atlantic (American side)

I got to swim in the Atlantic yesterday. It is saltier than the Pacific, but the same temperature as the Bay. I am on vacation visiting my mom, and we went to Rockport Massachusetts, where she grew up. I channeled my grandmother who swam in the Atlantic every day, year round, off Back Beach. I was very happy to get to swim at her beach. I spent many a happy summer day playing there on the rocks. And now as then, I had a Weimaraner at my side, my mother's dog, Tulla.
I only stayed in for twenty minutes, but it was the thought that counts. There was a lot of seaweed. Something else to get used to. I will get to swim in the Connecticut river for a few hours tomorrow. My mom thinks that she wants to come with me in a Kayak, I think she will get bored, but maybe not, but I will get fed. And I will get some photos, which I always like. I need to just keep swimming... time is flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment