Friday, August 12, 2011

Thank you

I wish I could express the depth of my feelings regarding all of the emails and Facebook postings and tweets I received during and after my swim. I had over 400 emails and every one was encouraging and joyful and helpful and supportive. I especially loved the photos posted of the bead bracelets on face book. The number of people staying up late into the night watching my dot crawl across the channel was unbelievable. And several people just hauled off and called my phone in the middle of the night to say, "Keep going". It was the most amazing out pouring of love and support. People were watching and worried. I'm not sure my mom and dad will forgive me. Too nerve wracking. I must admit, the pressure not to let you all down was a driving force in my sucess, and when JP called I told him that I was going to make it, so after a few more hours and I seemed to be no closer, I was sorry I'd promised him. But it all worked out in the end, and I love you all for the messages. The internet might have it's bad points, but this is an amazingly powerful use of the world wide web. I am blown away by the gift you have all given me. This has been an amazing journey and while I can't really remember what it was like, I am glad I did it. There were dark times, and highs, and I well know that I couldn't have done it without you all.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ranie, I am so proud of you!!!! We did suffer but not nearly as much as you did. As they say ignorance is bliss and I was definitely unaware of what you were going through... Thank heavens for that. You are my little four pound premie and look at you now!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo. Can't wait to talk to you. Love, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ranie...that is so amazing! You did it!!
    Thinking of you, bevan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Ranie. Awesome. Wonderful. You're the best. My hero. Gutsy. Amazing. Top dog. ......I could go on and on, but your head is going to get too big. I want to hear every last detail and don't skip anything! I knew you could do it and I ffel like I was an itsy, bitsy part of your accomplishment. Wasn't I there when you made the payment to your boat/captain. Ha-ha. Can't wait to see you. Pauline

    ReplyDelete