Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Guess I'm Not In Charge

My swim has been postponed 12 hours. Now I am to meet the boat at 1:00 pm Friday. I am a bit disappointed, but also relieved that I will get a few hours in England before getting wet. Now I can get a shower, a good night's sleep, a good meal and a chance to see Dover by daylight. I'm sure this is all good, but I did like the idea of jumping from plane to boat to channel without getting a chance to think. Now I will have time to freak out, but I think now that I am so obviously not in control, I don't feel the need to freak out. I am being well cared for by Jackie and Dave. My pilot is calling the weather shots, and Robert and Hannah are on there way to Dover as we speak. What ever happens will be my story.
More soon, and now maybe I'll be able to figure out how to twitter...

5 comments:

  1. woohoo!! keep up the great spirits! we're all rooting for you at Soda and Park Pool!!! yeah

    ReplyDelete
  2. have been watching your little dot most of the day!!. you are doing fantastic!!!.. esp in the dark!!. gads..amazing.. wicked awesome.. you are almost there as i type this.. way to go Ranie!!!!. very very proud of your accomplishment!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Ranie - just a little bit further - France is just ahead of you!!! We are all watching your amazing power in the pond!

    ReplyDelete