Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So Full of Joy!

I am feeling so full of joy. This has been such an amazing journey. I can't explain why I want to swim the English Channel, but I am so happy that I decided to give it a go. I am in the happy eleventh hour with only a week to go. There is literally nothing left that I can do that would help me get across now. I just have to stay sane, healthy and injury free. I am officially tapering. I swim between one and two hours each day (ok sometimes three but only if I want to) and I swim for pleasure! I am walking on air. I hope I can remember this feeling when I am gutting it out after ten hours. I have a long list of people to think about while I swim. That will help. I have so many people to thank. The love and support throughout this entire process has been unbelievable. It's been fun sharing my adventure with everyone. I think some people have their doubts, but hell, so do I. What sane person wouldn't. But most people say that they see how happy I am in the water, and that they think I'll press on. Left arm, right arm, repeat 'till done. And with Jackie Cobell on my boat, I won't be allowed to get out before 28 hours... so I think I'll make it.
There's a going away party Friday night at the club, and then it's time to pack and fly!
I have a date to meet Robert, Hannah, and John Saturday morning in Dover Harbor for my first swim in England and then it's just waiting for the call!
Think good thoughts for "warm water, calm seas". My window opens August 7-12 and my pilot is Stuart Gleeson. There has been a lot of success this week in the channel. I hope that the channel gods keep smiling on the swimmers to come.

1 comment:

  1. Ranie-
    Good luck on your swim. I'l be checking in here now that you're there and we want to hear the wonderful news!
    So proud of you and to say that I swim with you.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete