Sunday, July 24, 2011

Less Than Two Weeks To Go

I am back in my happy place. I am so excited about my adventure. I saw JP at the club and gave him a t-shirt and a bracelet. As my "coach" I want him to be sending me good vibes while I swim. Then my friend Maggie took pictures for me so I might have something to put on my blog (thank you). Then I got to see the SERC Sea Nymphs after their triumphant return from an English Channel Relay swim. They have been a wealth of encouragement, information, and enthusiasm. They had such a great experience. I hope mine is as good. I saw John who is back from a successful Gibraltar Straits swim and pumping me up with talk of following my path and making his own bid for the channel next. Then I got to "coach" for Leslie and Swim-Art. It was three hours of shared enthusiasm for open water swimming. It was so great to see so many people new to the sport having such a great time in the bay. I loved it. I fed off of their fun. Then today I went for a swim with a bunch of folks, especially Dan who is training for Tahoe in three weeks. After two hours (three outside/outsides, a Fort Mason, and a cove) we went in and he said thanks for a lovely birthday swim. Icing on the cake! I had such a great day.
Everything is falling into place. I have been training since January, I have been waiting for ever, and now it's really going to happen. The club is hosting a Happy Hour send off party on Friday evening, and then a week from Wednesday I get to go go go!

No comments:

Post a Comment